Standard Terms & Conditions
Ambar Villa – El Valle Golf Resort, Murcia, Spain, 30155.
Please ensure you have read and understood the following Terms and Conditions. If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us for clarification before making a booking or sending payment.
- All bookings are subject to these Terms and Conditions and receipt of a completed booking form. The completed booking form must be submitted with or prior to the Booking Deposit, or full payment if applicable. The person completing the booking form, and accepting the Terms and Conditions, must be over the age of 21 and has been given the authority to contract on behalf of all the other guests staying in the home(s). By completing the booking form, He/she agrees to be defined as the ‘Lead Guest’ and is stating that all persons named on the booking form have accepted these Terms and Conditions.
- Reservations may be made by e-mail or on our website. A reservation will not constitute a firm booking until we have received the booking deposit, or full payment if applicable, and we have confirmed the booking to you. We will endeavour to keep any reservations for 3 days only.
- Villa occupancy is a maximum of 8 persons. Children under 3yrs old in a cot/or child’s blow up bed are not included in the 8
NOTE: the bedrooms sleep up to 6, plus 2 sofa beds in the living room.
If the booking date is more than 10 weeks before the arrival date, a Booking Deposit of 20% of the total will be payable to secure the booking.
- If the booking date is less than 10 weeks before the arrival date, the full balance is due latest 10 weeks prior to arrival.
- Only the persons named on the booking form are allowed to stay in the villa. The Owner prohibits sub-letting. Any persons not shown on the booking form will be asked to leave. If any of the guests members change prior to arrival, these changes must be agreed by the owner, and changes must be submitted in writing, where we will note the amendments accordingly.
- Bookings made under false pretences, of any kind, will result in the forfeiture of the Booking Deposit and any other payments made, with possible eviction without refund if discovered during guests stay.
- Where advance bookings are made, i.e. more than 10 weeks, and a Booking Deposit has been received by us, an account will be emailed 10 weeks before the arrival date. This will list the balance due for the rental charge, plus Damage Waiver/Security Deposit (details in a further section below) and any additional options, e.g. food hamper, that may have been requested. This account must be settled, not less than, 10weeks before arrival date. Failure to do so may lead to the booking being cancelled and forfeiture of the initial Booking Deposit.
- Where a booking is made within 10 weeks of arrival date, the full rental payment, plus Security Deposit and any other charges must be made within 3 days of receiving the booking confirmation email.
- Upon receipt of the Booking Deposit, Part payment or Full payment, a receipt will be emailed to the Lead Guest.
- Payment Methods – Booking Deposits can be paid by Bank Transfer. These will not incur any surcharge.
- The owners reserve the right to cancel the booking if payment is not received by the due date.
In order to ensure that the villa is clean and ready for guests’ arrival, the rental period will begin at 4pm local time on the ARRIVAL date at the villa, and ends at 10am local time on the DEPARTURE date. If these times need to change, please inform us before arrival and we will try to accommodate any request.
ACCESS TO VILLA
- The Owners or their agent(s) shall be allowed access at any reasonable time during a guests’ stay.
- For the security of guests’ party and the villa, do not allow any unidentified visitors to enter the villa. If in any doubt please call the assigned villa agent(s) to check the identity and authorisation of any maintenance/pest control or others that may identify themselves as part of the staff.
- As outlined in a following section on Swimming Pools, the pool has a weekly cleaning/maintenance schedule (twice weekly in Summer). The pool MUST be vacated if the pool company arrive to check and clean the pool. This should only be a minor interruption. The pool staff do not need to gain access to the interior of the villa to carry out this maintenance.
- The ‘Lead Guest’ is required to make all members of their group aware that all doors and windows must be locked, including all shutters, the front door and all doors leading to the pool area.
- Our villa is protected by a monitored security alarm system. The alarm MUST be activated whenever the villa is left unattended.
- It is very important for your security and the security of the villa that these instructions are followed.
- Please note there are security surveillance cameras at the rear & side of the villa.
VEHICLES & PARKING
In accordance with the El Valle Golf Resort rules, no truck, boat, trailer, recreational vehicle, commercial vehicle or other types of non-passenger vehicles, equipment, implements or accessories shall be parked, stored or otherwise kept on any portion of the property or elsewhere on El Valle Golf Resort. Vehicles parking on, or obstructing the pavement is forbidden. Fines will be imposed by the El Valle Golf Resort security or Police Officers for any breach of these regulations. The villa owners or assigned agent do not take any responsibility for these fines. There is parking for 2 cars at the front of the villa, plus street parking opposite.
We strongly advise that all guests have appropriate travel insurance in force from the time of booking, and for the total duration of the trip. Please ensure the policy includes cancellation charge cover. UK, and other non-Spanish guests, is also advised to have a policy that gives adequate medical cover for Spain. Please be aware that if you choose not to take out insurance, you, the ‘Lead Guest’, will be personally responsible for payment of any cancellation charges which may become due.
Southern Spain has a hot climate, which is ideal for both humans, and pests. These are not an unusual occurrence. To help eliminate these uninvited guests, we recommend that all windows and doors remain shut at all times, spills of food or liquid are cleaned up promptly and that all opened food is stored sealed containers and/or in the refrigerators. If you become aware of a pest problem inside the villa, sprays such as Raid can be purchased locally. If the problem is more widespread, you must inform the owner or the agent(s) immediately so that the appropriate treatment can be initiated.
PETS / ANIMALS
No pets or animals are allowed in our villa at any time. No exceptions.
CLEANING, RECYCLING & TRASH
The villa is cleaned and checked prior to your arrival and after you have departed. Should you require mid stay cleaning, this can be arranged and paid directly to us or locally to the cleaning company. Although the villa is cleaned after your departure it must still be left in an orderly state and all kitchen utensils should be washed.
Recycling and trash are collected once each per week in the allocated bins (located at the top of Ambar street) – the actual days are listed in the villas’ manual. Trash must be sorted and disposed into the appropriate underground recycle bins at the top of the street. (Please do not store/leave any trash outside the villa).
EQUIPMENT IN & AROUND THE VILLA
WIRELESS ROUTER & INTERNET: Our villa is equipped with a secure Wireless Internet Router for your use. Whilst we endeavour to have this available for guests, routine maintenance may mean that we have to withdraw it from use at short notice. We cannot guarantee Internet service will not be down or have disruptions during your stay. No liability is accepted whatsoever for this. We ask that guests do not tamper with the Modem or Router settings. If modem has been tampered with or buttons pressed that have been clearly marked as not to be touched then an engineer fee will be payable to rectify.
Wi-Fi Password: The router key for Secure Wireless access is on the top of the router by the TV.
BBQ USE & CARE: A BBQ is provided on the premises of our villa for guests use and enjoyment. Upon arrival the BBQ should already be clean. If it is not, you should report it to the owner or agent(s) within 24 hours of arrival. Extreme care must be taken at all times by a responsible adult when using the BBQ. It must NEVER be left unattended. Children should not be allowed in the immediate area around the BBQ when in use, and they should never be allowed to use the BBQ. The BBQ grill (cleaned) is stored inside the villa when not in use.
The owner or agent(s) take no responsibility, howsoever caused, for any personal or material damage to any guests, or their belongings, while using, or in the vicinity of, the BBQ.
AIR CONDITIONING & HEATING: Our villa is Air Conditioned (AC) throughout. A thermostatic eco meter is used to turn on/off AC using an assigned eco-card (value €20 – additional cards may be purchase via the owner or the agent(s)). The temperature MUST NOT be set lower than 19oC, as this will freeze the unit, and may cause permanent damage. If the unit is frozen, and/or damaged during your stay, you will be charged the full cost of fixing, or replacement of the unit, and any maintenance costs to return the AC system to full working order, and by accepting these Terms and Conditions, you, the ‘Lead Guest’ agree to be liable and pay for any of these additional costs.
TELEVISION: A smart TV with satellite access is provided. Please do not change any settings or tamper with the screen. Netflix’s is also available free of charge, but are not guaranteed to be operational during your visit.
OTHER EQUIPMENT: An Xbox 360 is provided in our villa free of charge for use by the guests. This systems include the main units (which may also serve as DVD player), two controllers each and a selection of games. Guests are responsible for the proper use of the Xbox system and its various components. A DVD player with a selection of DVD’s is also supplied which Guests are responsible for the proper use of.
Our swimming pool depth is from approx. 3 feet to approx. 6 feet. The pool is cleaned, inspected and chemically balanced every week for your safety and comfort (contains some salt and chlorine). However, occasionally it may be necessary to apply extra chemicals to the pool to maintain safe and correct chemical levels. Should this occur during a guests stay, for safety reasons, it will be necessary to vacate the pool for a specific period as advised by our assigned agent or the pool cleaner.
The water in the swimming pool is chlorinated, and will stain and bleach fabrics. Before entering the villa from the pool area, please ensure that all guests, and particularly children, have dried off as much as possible. Wet clothes and towels must not be placed on floors or furnishings – a towel/clothes rack is supplied for the pool area.
All guests using the swimming pool must take note of the pool rules and regulations that have been posted in the villa welcome book. These need to be strictly adhered to, for the safety of all guests and respect for the neighbours.
BREAKDOWN: Very occasionally, pool heating, water pump, lighting, or other working parts can break down – in the unlikely event of this happening during your stay, the owner or agent(s) will arrange for a pool engineer to attend the villa and try to fix the issue. Please be aware no refunds or compensation will be made if issue cannot be fixed during a guests stay. If the pool pump system or lighting breaks down, this may not be able to be restored without draining the pool. If this is repaired during your stay, please be aware that you may not be able to use the pool for the duration/remainder of your stay, whilst the water is drained, the light(s) or pump repaired and the water restored to normal levels. Please be aware no refunds or compensation will be made during a guests stay.
POOL HEATING: Pool heating is recommended for stays between October and April – upto 4 days minimum period for pool heating.
Guests are not permitted to adjust the pool heater controls. Any sign of tampering will result in the pool heat being turned off and payment upto €250 taken from security deposit. Any problems with pool heating should be reported to the assigned agent or owner immediately.
The pool heating is designed to work only at air temperatures above 13oC. If the temperature falls below this, the pool heating will function at a reduced rate and will not heat the pool sufficiently. The pool heating will only heat the Pool to a maximum temperature of 5oC above the ambient air temperature. For example, if the air temperature is 22oC, the pool will heat to 27oC, with our pool heating is set to run at a maximum of 30oC. Covering the pool at night will help keep the pool at a higher temperature.
THE WEATHER: We are unable to guarantee the temperature with pool heating, as this will depend on the prevailing weather conditions.
WARMING UP: If pool heating is required, it can be switched on (between 10am and 4pm) up to 4 days prior to your check-in day. Depending on the weather conditions the water can take some hours to reach optimum temperature. The Owners, or agent(s) do not accept liability, or compensate for the loss of pool heating or lighting facilities.
GLASSWARE is strictly forbidden in the pool area. Plastic ware is available and must be used at all times in the pool area. If glass is found and/or reported in the pool a €250 will be taken from the security deposit
SAFETY: Guests are specifically requested not to allow young children to use the swimming pool area unsupervised and not to swim unaccompanied. Do not to swim under the influence of alcohol, medication or other mind altering substances. The owner or agent(s) do not accept liability for any accident, injury or death, howsoever caused, as a result of the use of the pool area or villa.
Alarms must not be tampered with or in any way disabled and must be activated when leaving the villa unattended. This is a requirement and will result in a €1000 fine if not adhered to.
- A Security Deposit (SD) of €250 shall be provided to the owner as part of the final payment prior to your arrival. The SD will be held until the villa has been inspected upon the guests departure.
- The villa will be inspected both before and at the end of each rental. Once it is determined that the villa is in a satisfactory condition, the SD, or the balance thereof, will be issued to the ‘Lead Guest’ within 14 days of the guests departure.
- The ‘Lead Guest’ is solely responsible for any damage or breakages, beyond normal “wear and tear”, that may be caused to the villa and/or to its/their contents, and also for any loss of items in the inventory during their stay.
- Upon arrival, the ‘Lead Guest’ should immediately report any damage/issues to the owner or agent(s). Examples of such damage/issues might include, but are not limited to, broken windows or shutters, torn cover on pool, burn marks on kitchen cupboards, tables or other furniture, appliance problems, stains, etc.
- The ‘Lead Guest’ is responsible for the safe keeping and return of the key(s) & alarm fob for the villa to the key safe located at the front of the villa by the front door (NOTE: code will be provided prior to arrival). If the key(s) & alarm fob is/are not returned or is/are lost, the cost of changing the lock(s) or replacing alarm key fob will be deducted from your SD.
- Charges for damages, losses or any maintenance or repairs to the villas equipment, amenities or fixtures, or any cleaning services over and above those normally required to prepare the villa or the next guests, which are necessitated, by misuse or extraordinary uncleanliness, will be at the discretion of the owner and will be deducted from the Security Deposit.
SMOKING: Our villa is strictly designated as “No Smoking”, and all guests agree to refrain from smoking inside the villa. In the event that neutralization of smoke odours from cigarettes, cigars, pipes or other smoking materials is required, or in the event that burn marks from cigarettes, cigars, pipes, or other smoking materials are detected, this will result in the loss of your full SD. Additionally, if smoking in the home is observed or detected during your stay, your complete party will be removed from the villa, with no refund, and your full Security Deposit charged.
NOTE: In the event that any damage or loss is assessed to be in excess of the amount of SD collected, the ‘Lead Guest’ will be held responsible for full reimbursement of the outstanding amount plus any additional charges and agrees to pay this amount within fourteen (14) days of written notification of such by the owner.
In the unlikely event that you should have a problem with our villa or facilities, please bring this to the attention of the owner or agent(s) immediately so they can investigate and attempt to resolve the issue locally. If you are still dissatisfied with the outcome, please send the complaint by email to the owner or agent(s) within 14 days of your return home. If you do not bring your complaint to the our attention immediately, you will have not allowed them the opportunity to satisfactorily resolve your problem – in these circumstances, we will be unable to assist with your complaint – we cannot try to put things right for you when you have returned home! Please note however, that the owner or agent(s) cannot accept responsibility for the actions or omissions by others. Should you be dissatisfied with our own booking procedures or administration, please let us know immediately so that we can attempt to improve our service to you and others.
NOTE: that none of these provisions affect your statutory rights.
CANCELLATION BY VILLA OWNER
In the event of circumstances beyond our control requiring the owner to cancel a booking, e.g. including Acts of God, civil disturbances, riots, flood, drought, fire and legislation, refunds will only be made in respect of the booking – no compensation will be made. Furthermore, the owner or agent(s) cannot guarantee that all the facilities described in their brochure or website will be available.
CANCELLATION BY GUEST
Any cancellation requests must be immediately submitted by email, and will involve the following cancellation policy dependent of payments received by owner and/or agent(s).
10 weeks, or more, prior to your Arrival – loss of initial booking deposit
4 – 10 weeks prior to your Arrival – 10% refund of the rental cost
2 – 4 weeks prior to your Arrival – 25% refund of the rental cost
0 – 2 weeks prior to your Arrival – no refund
The owner or agent(s), do not accept any Liability whatsoever, or howsoever caused, for any accident, personal injury (including allergies), death, loss, damage to persons or personal effects, or any expenses incurred, by any guest, or any such claim by a third party, as a consequence of actions by the guest(s), or as a result of the use of any of the El Valle Golf Resort swimming pools , golf courses or leisure facilities as well as the villa facilities/area, including changes caused by Force Majeure. This waiver extends to any person visiting the villa or El Valle Golf Resort, including anyone in or around the villa or El Valle Golf Resort as guest(s) of the guest(s).
Furthermore, the owner or agents, do not accept any responsibility for the sudden failure of equipment or main services to the villa or El Valle Golf Resort.
JURISDICTION OF LAW
These Terms and Conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and any dispute arising out of, or in connection with, these Terms and Conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
PLEASE READ THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY. THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE, FROM TIME TO TIME AT OUR SOLE DISCRETION.